COVID-19, (CDC), (ODH), (Q.E.)
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine
Safe and Best Practices Workforce Information...
The virus is still here. There is no known cure or vaccination being distributed to the public yet . We have learned CDC guidelines on how to live safely with the virus. We must continue to follow the guidelines to help curve the spikes and save lives.
1. Check your temperature daily and wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth when around others and maintain the minimum 6 feet distance.
2 If you have a fever, chills, a dry cough, shortness of breath, can not smell, or any flu-like symptoms and have been in close contact with someone known to have Covid-19; immediately seek medical attention. Call off work and call your doctor/health care provider and be specific when you describe your symptoms and follow their advice.
3.If you test positive please let your employer know who were in contact with and the contract tracing should begin. Self isolate for 10 days after the symptoms began and you may have to take another test and test negative before you are allowed to go back to work.
4. If your employer informed you were you were in contact with a co-worker that have Covid-19, you must quarantine for 14 days even if you test negative since symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. If after 14 days and you continue to have no symptoms you may not have to take another test before you are allowed to go back to work.
5. CDC.gov reports that people are the most contagious when they are sick.
6. Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20-30 seconds often and dry hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available. Moisturize hands so they don't become dry and crack
7. Have hand sanitizer, Kleenex, and sanitizing products readily available when you go out
8. Maintain the six-foot social distancing and honor one way signs and signs in elevators
9. Instead of shaking hands use other noncontact methods of greeting
10. If you sneeze/cough use a tissue and put it in the trash, wash your hands immediately,
change your mask because droplet may stay inside your mask.
11. Mass gatherings (10 or more) increase the risk of community transmission
12. Disinfect highly used surfaces, doorknobs, tables, desk, light switches and stair/handrails and soap dispensers often.
13. Limit your handling of cash by using other payment methods when available
14. Increase ventilation indoors by cracking windows for fresh air
15. Remove outside shoes when you enter your living quarters, house or apartment and clean the soles of your shoes if you have been doing a lot of walking, jogging or running
16. Carry an extra mask or two in case someone in your group need one, or you need to change your mask.
Remember you are not alone...
We are living in a time of mass protest, the Covid-19 pandemic, lost of jobs/businesses in all 50 states; which makes this a stressful period in our history. If you want to be a part of the change to make our country a better place to live, you can write your senators to ask for changes in the laws. Or call the Cuyahoga County Hotline, 216 623-6888 if you need someone to talk to.
Focus on your work goals, and job assignments; especially, if you are working from home. After work hours spend 10-30 minutes in a quiet space reflecting on your day. Have a pen or pencil and notebook handy to write down your thoughts. Focus on your positive achievements and what you can do to improve areas of your life. Write down your short and long term goals, and how you plan to achieve them. Refer back to your goals weekly, you may have new ideals and thoughts on how to achieve your positive goals. Remember to get daily sunshine and fresh air, 10-15 minutes is helpful too during your lunch or breaks periods.
"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way." - Les Brown
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs
"Success isn't all about how much money you make it's also about the difference you make in people's lives." - Michelle Obama
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. All that we are is the result of what we have thought" - Eleanor Roosevelt
Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten: "Share, Play fair, Don't hit, Clean up your mess, Don't take things that aren't yours, Say you're sorry, Flush, Wash your hands, Treat people the way you want to be treated and Live a Balance Life." - Robert Fulghum
Ways to Maintain Employment
1. Be on time every day
2. Schedule doctor, dentist and other important appointments when you are off work
3. Follow your companies' dress code
4. Be able to work independent and be a team member
5. Complete assignments on time
6. Understand your job duties and your companies policies
7. Learn how your job impacts your companies' business
8. Follow instructions and ask questions if you do not understand the instructions
9. Do the best job you can and go the extra step
10. Make sure you have reliable child care
11. Don't drink alcoholic beverages on your lunch break
12. Do not bring any weapons to work even if you have a license to carry a concealed handgun
13. Do not misuse company's office equipment, computers, faxes, phones, or fuel cards
14. Work well with co-workers, supervisors and managers
15. Document all types of abuse bullying, threats, verbal or unwanted non- verbal sexual advances and witnesses with dates, locations and times
16. Don't Gossip and Keep your Word
Advice & Suggestions
1. CBD oil may cause a positive THC/ Marijuana result on a drug screening
2. Do not quit your job without giving a written formal resignation. Know your company rules
3. Continue to give your best until your last day and if ask to train your replacement be helpful
4. Request an exit interview to give feedback and receive feedback
5. If ask why you are quitting you don't have to say. Be positive avoid blaming anyone even if your new job pay more money and offers better benefits
6. If you are asked to resign. This can be an uncomfortable situation. Understand you were not Fired. If you were not given a severance offer this is a good time to negotiate. Ask for uncontested unemployment or severance paid until you find another job and get it in writing 3 - 6 months is normal. This also depends on the size of the company. Stay positive you know your worth, skills and talents. Your new job will be to find a new job within 3-6 months or sooner.